Home Learning Week 2 (30.03.20)
- Wk1_Day 1_Add whole numbers-Mental & Written strategies_NB
- Wk1_Day 2_Subtract whole numbers-Mental & Written strategies_NB
- Wk1_Day 3_Understanding Decimals_NB
- Wk1_Day 4_Adding Decimals_NB
- Wk1_Day 5_Finding a difference-decimals and change_NB
- Year 6 Day 1 Harry Potter
- Year 6 Day 2 Harry Potter
- Year 6 Day 3 Harry Potter
- Year 6 Day 4 Harry Potter
- Year 6 Day 5 Harry Potter
Covid – 19
Please click the link below for a suggested Daily Timetable while the school is closed.
Year 6 Home Learning
- POWer Project – Greece Lightning 1
- POWer Project – Greece Lightning 2
Year 6 Spring Term Curriculum Overview
Our focus in English will be on non-fiction texts. Using current affairs topics as well as our Science topics, the children will write their own newspaper reports and explanation texts. There will be a continued focus on Reading comprehension, and the corresponding skills, as well as spellings, punctuation and grammar.
In Maths we will continue our work on number and arithmetic skills, including multiplication and division and a focus on fractions. We will also be looking at shape, angles, ratio and algebra.
This term in Science, children will look at the biology of ‘Animals including Humans’. We will focus on the internal processes in the body such as circulation and digestion.
Computing Digital Literacy and Technology:
This term we will be focusing on logical thinking in relation to coding. The children will also complete activities to remind them about online safety and appropriate online activity.
Art & Design:
Children will continue to practice and develop their skills using varied media to sketch and blend colours. They will also focus on perspective to recreate their own industrial landscape scenes modelled on the work of LS Lowry.
Children will be designing and making their own hand puppet, selecting appropriate material and embroidery techniques.
Our Topic this term will be ‘The Victorian’s. The children will study this era of history in relation to our local area, investigating the changes which have taken place in Highgate and Archway.
The children will be investigating natural disasters around the world. They will explore the significance of Plate Tectonics to learn where and why earthquakes and volcanoes occur.
In PE we will be developing pupils’ physical fitness and tactical awareness through invasion games such as tag rugby, as well as improving the children’s movement skills through the practice of gymnastics.
This term children will be looking at the effects of drug and alcohol and how to develop their resilience in social situations.
This term the children will continue to learn songs and develop musical artistry on the ukulele.
Please remember that this is just a brief outline of this term’s plans and does not include everything the children will be doing.
- St Patrick’s Day Troupe March 13, 2020
- World Book Day March 5, 2020
- A spoonful of sugar was just what we needed! February 14, 2020
- Safer Internet February 11, 2020
- Marvelous Mathematicians January 27, 2020
- Beyond gender stereotypes January 21, 2020
- ‘The Great Wave’ January 14, 2020
- Secretive Science January 13, 2020
- Year 6 Logical Thinking January 13, 2020
- Year 6 Anne Frank Exhibition November 15, 2019