We are a fully inclusive school and accept applications irrespective of faith. When we are oversubscribed we apply the oversubscription criteria detailed in our admissions policy. Currently about 85% of children who attend the school are baptised Catholic and over the past few years, have been able to accommodate all Catholic applications.
“We welcome children whose families live in the local area as well as those who attend a Catholic church. We are delighted that you are considering making an application for your child to join our wonderful school. St Joseph’s is a very special place where our pupils are supported on their educational journey by a fantastic, committed teaching staff. I am so proud to be the Chair of Governors and I can promise you that your child will be cherished at our school”. Dr Paul Lasok
- We offer 60 places in each year group from Reception to Year 6.
- We offer both 2 year old and 3 year old places in Nursery for both 15 hour or 30 hours.
Our Admissions Policy reflects a balance between those living in the area and Catholic applications. We are a fully inclusive school and welcome applications from people of all faiths and backgrounds. We do however, ask that everyone who joins St Joseph’s is fully supportive of the Catholic ethos & faith.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What are the oversubscription criteria?
Please refer to our admissions policy for full details Admissions Policy 2023-24 In summary where there are more applications for places than the number of places available, places will be offered according to the following order of priority.
- Catholic looked after and previously looked after children.
- Baptised Catholic children
- Other looked after and previously looked after children.
- Any other children.
Can I apply if my child is not baptised?
- If your child is not baptised you can still apply. We are a fully inclusive school and accept appliations irrespective of faith
- If you are Catholic and are waiting for a Baptism date you can still apply
If I am applying for a Reception what else must I do?
- For Reception (and chance in-year places) you must complete your local authority’s E-Admissions Application Form and return it to the council offices by the closing date. If you do not do this you will not be offered a place.
When can my child start?
- We take applications all through the year for all year groups including Nursery
Can I come and see the school?
- We do tours most days at 9:30am, please email the email@example.com with your preferred day
Please see attached for our GDPR & Privacy Notice