Today we had a very special visitor in Year 2… Safety Seymour! He is a superhero bear who teaches children all around the UK about carbon monoxide. We learned that you can’t smell, see, taste, hear or touch this gas. The children also learned that certain appliances in the home need to be checked regularly by engineers to ensure that carbon monoxide isn’t leaking into the air. The flames on cookers and boilers should always be blue which means they are healthy. If they are yellow or orange, carbon monoxide is being produced. Also, we learned that if we breathe in too much carbon monoxide, it can be deadly! Therefore, we acted out some of the signs and symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning such as belly ache, headache, fainting and breathlessness so we can be more aware of this dangerous gas. At the end of the session, we were given a goody bag which included our very own carbon monoxide alarm that we could take home.