In our Caritas In Action lessons this week, we discussed which idea from the following is the best description of a community.
- A group of people who live near to each other
- A group of people who have the same ideas and beliefs
- A group of people who live and work together
- A group of people who share the same beliefs and who live and work together for the same reasons
- A group of people who love each other and want to share everything
The most popular descriptions were options C and D. We talked about our local community and how we are all a part of it along with other people such as our neighbours, doctors, teachers, nurses, priest and shopkeepers. We also discussed our school mission statement and how that links with community and learned that the St. Joseph’s community is special and unique to our school and parish.