Year 6 have been preparing for their upcoming (and final) carol concert next week. They have been doing so well learning the lyrics to songs old and new. It promises to be a spell-binding experience – do make sure you can join us.
In Religion this week, the children have been looking at the history of Lectio Divina in preparation for writing their own prayer next week.
In English, the children have been putting the finishing touches to their narratives based on ‘The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas’. They have been checking their work thoroughly and offering advice to their peers on how they too can improve their work.
We also had a very special visitor this week – Santa! Thank you the PFA for locating him at this very busy time of the year and convincing him to spend some time with us.
And, of course, we have been busy preparing for the Christmas Fair with making signs and calendars.
Busy. Busy. Busy.
Homework Friday 8th December
- Maths – We have given you an arithmetic paper to complete.
- Times tables – Continue to practise your times tables for our weekly tables test. Practise these by chanting through them, going to the Times Tables songs on Mathletics, asking someone to test you, testing yourself, using look-cover-write-check, playing on ‘Hit the Button’ on Topmarks or J2Blast.
- Spellings – Please learn spellings for a test next week. Use Look, Cover, Spell, Check. We would then like you to use each of the spellings in a sentence. Try to make it an exciting sentence with correct punctuation. You will need to find out the meaning of the word first.
- Religion – As we enter into the period of Advent, it is important to prepare for what is to come. We have been studying the prayer form: Lectio Divina for the past four weeks. How much do you know about this pray form now? Answer the following questions either in your book or in a more creative way e.g. a poster.
- What is Lectio Divina?
- Why do we use it? What are trying to achieve?
- What do we do during Lectio Divina prays (read the passage…)
- Is Lectio Divina a ‘good’ way to pray? Explain your answer with as much detail as you can.
Homework will be given out each Friday and is due to be returned the following Wednesday.
Have a lovely weekend.
Mr Prescott and Mr. Groarke