Re: SECONDARY TRANSFER 2020/21
(Children born between 1 September 2009 and 31 August 2010)
You can now apply for a secondary school place for your child who is due to transfer to secondary school in September 2021. You can apply online at www.islington.gov.uk/admissions (click on Apply for a secondary school place). The deadline for applying is 31 October 2020.
What you need to do next:
- Check our Secondary School Admissions brochure: You will find a copy of our online brochure in the useful documents section on the webpage Apply for a secondary school place. The brochure provides useful information to help you make an informed choice about which schools to apply for.
- Attend Open Days: We strongly advise you to visit the schools you are interested in. School Open Days are listed in our online brochure and on each school’s website. (While the Covid-19 restrictions remain in place, please call the school first to check the tours are still going ahead. Please note that some tours may be virtual).
- Consider the admission criteria: A summary of the number of children admitted under each of school’s main admission criteria are included in the ‘Table of School Places’ in our online brochure. Please note that the ‘cut-off’ distance is provided as a guide only, as this will vary year to year depending on the number of applications received. This means that even if your home to school distance falls within the ‘cut-off’, there is no guarantee that your child will be offered a place at the school.
- Preference order: Make sure you list your preferred schools in the order you want most because if your child qualifies for a place at more than one school, we will allocate your highest preference.
- Apply online: It’s easy, secure and gives you the flexibility to make changes to your application right up until midnight on 31 October 2020. By applying online, you will be able to view the outcome of your application on National Offer Day (1 March 2021), and be able to accept the place immediately. If you need help with applying online, please call us on 020 7527 5515.
- Apply on time: You must apply for a school place by 31 October 2020. It is really important to apply on time as late applications will not be processed until after National Offer Day (1 March 2021). Missing the deadline could seriously affect your chance of getting one of your preferred schools.
- Sign up to our secondary school e-admissions bulletin to stay in the know!
If you have any questions, please contact our School Admissions team who will be pleased to help you (T. 020 7527 5515 or E. email@example.com). A list of community organisations that may be able to offer support and advice is also included overleaf.
Head of Admissions and Children Out of School Service