This morning KS2 had an assembly led by the digital leaders to promote and remind us all about online safety. The children listened and shared their ideas about the importance of our online identity. We were reminded that:
- Our personal data such as our name, address and school should never be shared online.
- We should always treat people with respect and not ‘hide’ behind a screen.
- We are responsible for what we post online and what we say to others.
- Changing our identity eg: through the use of an avatar can be fun and also be a way to keep safe.
- Always talk to a trusted adult about your online activity especially if you are upset or worried.
We have also spent time discussing which app’s are popular and were shocked to see the age limit of some app’s which are frequently used. Remember – the age limit is there for a reason so please be responsible when choosing what you are accessing online!
If you would like more information please use the link below: