This week in Nursery we have been busy practising for sports day, taking part in running races. While practising we have been developing our knowledge of ordinal numbers.
Thank you to everyone who completed a phonics survey. As requested below are a list of useful websites to support learning at home.
- Lots of games to develop skills in all areas of the curriculum. https://www.topmarks.co.uk/Search.aspx?q=ordinal%20numbers
- Early Years activities with a maths and phonics focus. http://www.crickweb.co.uk/Early-Years.html
- Phonics games – subscription only. https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/
- Cbeebies games and activities. https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/games
- Letters and sounds phonics. http://www.letters-and-sounds.com/
- English articulation of phonemes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqhXUW_v-1s
- Jolly phonics songs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei0iFs5uF6w&t=157s
- BBC Early Years. http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/websites/eyfs/
- Maths games. https://nrich.maths.org/early-years
- Phonics games. https://www.phonicsbloom.com/uk/game/list/phonics-games-phase-2
- ICT games. http://www.ictgames.com/literacy.html
- General games and activities – we use this in school to teach skills. http://www.busythings.co.uk/
- Phonics. http://www.familylearning.org.uk/phonics_games.html
Hope you find these helpful.