What is this life, if full of care
We have no time to stop and stare?
I don’t know about you, but the past seven weeks have just flown by.
The children have made a strong start to the year and have produced incredible pieces of descriptive writing; analysed classic poetry; refined their persuasive writing skills; rigorously attacked mental arithmetic word problems; studied micro-organisms and the Vikings; kept up to date with Current Affairs; and learnt about the sacraments of initiation.
That’s not all! We’ve celebrated Black History Month, made pizzas at Pizza Express, and had a class Mass in St. Joseph’s church.
Now it’s time to reflect, recharge and recuperate.
Mr Groarke and Mr Prescott encourage you all to take time to spend it with your loved ones.
Take a look back at our previous blogs to see just how much you have achieved.
God bless and see you in a week.
Homework Friday 20th October
- Maths – Your teacher will have given homework related to what you have covered in your classes.
- Times tables – Continue to practise your times tables for our weekly tables test. Practise these by chanting through them, going to the Times Tables songs on Mathletics, asking someone to test you, testing yourself, using look-cover-write-check, playing on ‘Hit the Button’ on Topmarks or J2Blast.
- Spellings – You have now had several spelling tests since September. Create a list of ten spellings you got wrong. If you do not have enough for a list of ten, then create a new list of ten excellent words you want to impress us with when you return. Please note, it takes a lot to impress Mr Groarke and Mr Prescott.
- English – We have given you a Grammar booklet to work on over the half term. Please note, it does not need to be completed by the time you return. You should complete at least two different activities and return the booklet for marking on the first Wednesday after half term.
- Science – We will be concluding our science topic with an experiment. Please bring a 1litre plastic bottle by the first Wednesday after half term.
- Topic – create a fun fact file for the Lindisfarne Monastry and discover its grisly past when the Viking’s raided it in 793AD. Watch this video to get you started: https://www.bbc.co.uk/education/clips/zrpnvcw
Have a lovely half term break and come back ready for more!
Mr Prescott and Mr. Groarke